Re: why i don't use a search engine for info...

At 12:23 PM -0700 4/11/02, Evan Meyers wrote:
>  > The first thing you need to learn about is how to > use a search
>engine
>>  to find information on the Web.
>
>yeah, i've considerred that and use it as a source of info, i've
>also considerred asking certain list members questions off-list, but
>then i remembered how many times i was poking around this list and
>someone brought up something interesting that i would not have known
>about and would not have looked for info on...but because it was
>asked to the list, i now know about it.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions on the list, but it's
important to do your homework first. For instance, questions such as
"what would a setup like that go for these days?  what did it cost
you when you initially set it up?" are pretty wasteful of people's
time. I answered them out of kindness, but quite frankly my first
reaction was to respond with a wisecrack. I think you'll find that
you get more useful information out of a greater number of list
members if you try to answer the obvious stuff for yourself first.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com