Multiple, sequenced delay lines...can it be done?

Greetings, loopers...I've been satisfied for a long while with a single
10-sec delay line with foot-pedal input volume and feedback control for my
Min.Daily Req. of looped audio. But lately, I've been fantasizing about
having multiple delay lines available, with their delay times sync'ed and
their output sequenced so that instead of all sounding simultaneously, some
kind of audio router or sequencer would cycle between their outputs, also
in sync with the delay time...in other words, delay lines with timed gaps
in their output that could be syncronised so that when one is off, another
is on, etc...
No doubt this is a rudimentary looper's wish, already more than fulfilled
with the edp or repeater, but I've kinda been overwhelmed with the length
and complexity of the disussions on these devices so far, and haven't
noticed that anybody is talking about using them in exactly this way. Am I
wrong? Anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? I've been imagining
that a Kyma system, or a Switchblade plus computer sequencer, could do it
easily, but is it necessary to spend so much?
Appreciate any ponters!
Thanks...
David Coffin