From: "Evan Meyers" <evanmeyers@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 2:19 PM
Subject: mics for recording live sessions (was Re: Royer R121 - Opinions)

Being on the topic of mics, I was curious what is
recommended as a decent, not too elaborately priced
mic for use as a free range mic to record the overall
sound of a room?

It doesn't need to be the most perfect thing available
and the recordings don't need to be pristine, but I'd
like to have something that will capture what I'm
hearing.  I recently entered the world of the minidisc
(late, I know.) mostly to capture those incredible
moments that can only happen in a live situation (ya
know what I mean.when incredible ideas pop out, but
are quickly forgotten as soon as the next incredible
idea comes out) and to archive jam sessions for review
at a later time.  I'd like to spend under a $100 if
possible, but I'm really looking for the most bang for
my buck being that I'm not the taper type.but love
being able to listen back on jams and refresh my
memory.

Thoughts?

Un-official member of the repeater fan club!
E va n|s sa B