From: burnett@pobox.com [mailto:burnett@pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 3:40 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: Phaser recommend

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Peter Underwood wrote:

> I hear that the Big Briar Phaser whoops a llama's ass, but I haven't
> personally tried it.

I've got the Big Briar phaser and love it. Its rate control is adjustable
down to 1 cycle per 100 seconds. It doesn't do a sawtooth, though, to the
best of my understanding.

The Big Briar CP-251 Control Processor has a triangular and a square wave
output from its LFO, and can be used to control the rate on the BBriar
phaser. While the LFO on the Control Processor has a Rate knob labeled
from 0.2 cycles/second to 50 cycles/second, the manual reads:
"The LFO frequency can go both lower than the minimum calibration on the
RATE control by applying a negative control voltage...The minimum
frequency is less than 0.03 Hz (one cycle every 33 seconds)."

(which is really cool to know, as I hadn't looked at that page before
today).

So you can get a sine wave cycle of 100sec, or a triangular of 33 seconds,
but I don't know how to get a sawtooth waveform with a 60sec cycle. If you
can find a way to generate a sawtooth coontrol voltage signal of 0-5v
with a 60 second cycle you can use that to control the rate of the Big
Briar phaser and get what you're looking for.

best,
Steve Burnett
burnett@pobox.com

http://www.bigbriar.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/spec/103.html?L+scstore+g