Re: Looper Moving!

>At 6:19 PM -0400 6/5/02, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
>
>>what the heck are drutthers

RZ responded:

>"Druthers" were Pappy Yukum's favorite food in the L'il Abner comic
>strip. He "druther" eat them than just about anything, I 'spect.

Richard's second sentence gives the colloquial meaning of the term "my
druthers."  As in the phrase, "if I had my druthers, I'd druther . . ."  I
believe this was originally meant to approximate humorously the drawl of
Southern US speakers slurring the syllables in "I'd rather."  Eventually
the term evolved into "my druthers" meaning roughly "if I had things my
way" or "if I had any control over events . . ."

Thanks, Richard, for bringing back the Al Capp memories!  It's been way
too long.