Repeater & FCB1010 Woes

I'm hoping someone can help me with controlling repeater with the
behringer
fcb1010 before i totally lose it.

One of the main confusions is this- without me programming anything on
preset #2, the pedals on preset 2 can scroll through track select 1-4,
engage play, record, overdub, stop, mute track 1, mute track 2, and mute
input, which is a hell of a lot better set-up than i've managed to program
myself as of yet.
But this is (part of)what i'm not getting- I thought the fcb1010 can only
send 2 CC messages per preset, and that repeater only responds to cc
messages, and not program change messages. If so, how can this many
different functions be accessed? Is this not correct? Does controller
message also mean program change message, of which the fcb1010 can send 5?
Also, I just don't understand how the global edit mode affects the preset
edit mode- do you have to specify what kind of midi function you want to
assign to each pedal in the global edit mode separetly for each pedal? The
damn manual is even worse than a roland manual, minus the strange syntax.
One last question- is there a painless and not too time consuming way to
suggest how i might go about programming the fcb1010 to access as much of
the repeaters front panel as possible, send a program change and
continuess
controller messages to an aleises midiverb (for changing vocal presets and
controlling the amount of delay for vocals in real-time) and a program
change and gain boost message (for loud sections of any particular song),
a pod, while having the repeater and a filter factory and mo-fx
midi-synced
to a roland 880 hard disk recorder without the mo-fx and filter factory
recieving any kind of midi messages aside from being midi synced? (take
breath).
I know this is asking a lot, thanks,
j.