looping other people...

yeah, it's a different approach.
personally, i like to integrate things wherever possible, so..... sometimes
i'm the one making the original bleeping that's being looped, and at other
times i'm looping other sources --- inputs from microphones on the sax-ist,
the drummer, bassist, singer, etc.....
many times, though, all of the previous might wind up in one of a few
parallel loops, or in the same one.....
i do find that the 'looping' of someone else's performance (or,
a-performance) conveys a completely different perspective, both as a
'player'
and as a listener.....<<<

I did the recently with vibraphonist Orphy Robinson - I ran his MALLET KAT
MIDI vibes thingie into my loop set up, and tweaked away - it was great
fun,
and when we play live, I'm thinking of having a line from the MALLET KAT
into my raven labs DI, so I can bring it in and out when I want to to loop
bits in with my bass nonsense...

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk