Re: Why stereo? (Was Re: I know, I'll start a war! )

As an example of what happens with a single EDP and stereo effects, you can
visit: http://www.baymoon.com/~mark_hamburg

The raw guitar has pretty obvious cross delays (DL8000R, if you care). The
loop doesn't. I sometimes miss the effects in the loop, but it's one way to
make the loop recede a bit relative to the new material. I also gain back a
little bit of stereo for the loop when it hits the ambience effects (mostly
AM8000R and an Ibanez SDR-1000+).

So, now I've got two EDPs. I have some interest in just running them as a
stereo pair, but that's also just driven by the realization that doubling
the number of EDPs significantly increases the number of controls I need if
they aren't acting as a stereo pair. As it is, I'm focusing on trying to
work with independent loops which is easy if I push buttons but more
confusion prone if done with my feet unless I get another EFC-7 and find
space to put it.

Mark

P.S. Speaking of dual EDPs, my new EDP seems to have made my old EDP much
more heat sensitive. Could I mitigate some of this by splitting them up in
the rack so that the hot spots on one wouldn't be right near the hot spots
on the other?