Re: Record-to-Next-Record on Loop IV

Title: Re: Record-to-Next-Record on Loop IV
I'm having trouble doing Record-to-Next-Record on Loop IV -- it seems so simple, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I've got auto record on, 2 loops enabled, both loops empty, and when I end the record of the first loop with a press of next loop all it does it play back the first loop, with the "next loop" LED in red and all others in orange.  Isn't is supposed to go directly to a record in the next loop?
Can anyone help? Thanks.
BTW, everything else I've explored in LOOP IV is great -- it solves so many little problems so elegantly.  I haven't even gotten deeply into it yet.