Re: Record-to-Next-Record on Loop IV

At 05:46 AM 7/5/2002, Steve Sandberg wrote:
>I'm having trouble doing Record-to-Next-Record on Loop IV -- it seems so
>simple, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
>I've got auto record on, 2 loops enabled, both loops empty, and when I
>end
>the record of the first loop with a press of next loop all it does it
>play
>back the first loop, with the "next loop" LED in red and all others in
>orange.  Isn't is supposed to go directly to a record in the next loop?
>Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi Steve-
it sounds to me like you have the SwitchQuant parameter turned on. Check
that one and set it to "off". Then the Record-to-Next should do what you
are expecting. You may want to turn on the AutoRecord parameter as well,
so
it will begin recording immediately when you switch to the next loop. This
way you can record several loops as you play continuously, which is a very
useful function that people have been asking about for a long time.

Once you get the hang of that, you may want to go back to exploring the
the
various new SwitchQuant settings. These allow you several flexible ways to
get the loops to switch quantized to the loop or cycle points. This gives
you a lot of power to determine what function is happening in the new
loop,
or switch to any arbitrary loop instead of cycling through them in order.

>BTW, everything else I've explored in LOOP IV is great -- it solves so
>many little problems so elegantly.  I haven't even gotten deeply into it
>yet.

great, glad you are enjoying it!

kim