Equipment Spam: 6 string electric violin for sale....

Hi all,

I'm going to be selling my Barnshaw 6-string electric violin (Lucy) to
try and raise funds to purchase an EDP or two. The violin  is solid wood
(made from the soundpost of a 150 year old grand piano), and was
actually the very first model produced by Barnshaw. The pickup is an
Ashworth bridge pickup, and the tuning from top to bottom is E,A,D,G,C,F
(in 5ths). It also comes with a lightweight crush-proof Hiscox flight
case.

I recorded all of the 'Live at Place des Vosges' improvisations with
this baby - the sound quality/response is pretty damn good.

Its in pretty good condition considering the amount of touring and
playing it has endured, but it does have a couple of minor 'personality
blemishes' - but nothing too serious.

There is a picture of a similar model online at
http://www.solostring.com/images/violinbig.jpg. Mine is identical,
except that the chin-rest is the same colour as the rest of the body.

The list price at the moment is $3900 new. I am asking $2500 (ono).

If anyone knows of a violinist who might want  to try their hand at
something different, then please forward them this info.

Many thanks!
--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com