Re: THE RACK. Keeping to together...

I have a patch bay in the back of my rig, with all my cables going into it,
then back to the mixer. This gives me several advantages.

- I never have to reach into my rig for cables, possibly unseating other
cables in the process
- Reduced setup time - all the outs I
- Less wear and tear on rack gear and mixer, since the cables connected to
it aren't being pulled around the stage
- The connects are half normaled, so that I can remove a signal from my
mixer and feed it straight out to the stage mixer, or into my mixer at
home,
just by pluging in the new cable.(or mult the signal by plugging into the
other connection). With no fuss at all, and an 8 channel snake I have just
for this purpose, I can give a house engineer separate feeds from my synth,
stick, and loopers and have >them< worry about gain, balance and eq. In the
same manner, when the rig comes home to record, I can feed my computer with
the same outs.

I still have to solve the power cable problem, with some 2 foot leads etc -
(the ones I mentioned earlier on the list turn out to be unsuitable) but
the
result I am hoping for is a rig that I >never< need to open up, for any
reason. We can all dream, I suppose :>

I'm thinking of drilling some screws through the walls of my rack, to hang
the power strips from. Sturdier than the gooey duct tape in there now...

bIz