Interesting Loss of EDP Front Panel Functionality with Loop IV

Here's an interesting thing--with LoopIII I was using multiply and insert
create a 12 bar blues pattern--I make reference to the specific sequence of
button presses in a post from late 2000:

The song I am constructing is a blues.  I play a figure for the first
phrase, the "I" chord, which is two bars in length.  I allow it to play one
additional time (a vamp).  I hit multiply, and the "song" begins.
After the second cycle begins and bar 3 or 4 of the "song" is playing, I
hit
insert and when bar 5 begins, I am in insert mode and I play a "IV" chord
figure for two bars which is a bluesy IV figure vague enough to pass for
either an IV or a I7#9 (trust me).  Around bar 6 or so I hit multiply again
and when bar 7 arrives, I am treated to two bars of "I",  the original
cycle.  I allow this to continue through bar 8--I press insert during bar
8,
and when bar 9 arrives, I play the "V" chord for two bars, pressing
multiply
during bar 10.  When bar 10 arrives, it delivers THE SECOND CYCLE! and
during bar 12 I hit multiply.
Are you with me?  At this point I start adding cycles every other time as
before--insert, multiply--but when I press multiply, it delivers THE FIRST
CYCLE!

And here's some more from another post:

Let's alter the chord progression.  We start with the same figure for the
first phrase, the "I"
chord, which is one bar in length.  I allow it to play one additional time
(now playing bar 2).  I hit multiply, and the "song" begins.  After the
second cycle begins and bar 2 of the "song" is playing, I hit insert and
when bar 3 begins, I am in insert mode and I play the "IV" chord for two
bars.  Around bar 4 or so I hit multiply again and when bar 5 arrives, I am
treated to two bars of "I", as created by the original multiply.  During
bar
6, I hit insert and play the "V" chord for two bars (bars 7 and 8).  During
bar 8 I hit multiply.  When bar 9 arrives, I expect two bars of the "I"
chord.  Instead I am jarred by one bar of "I" and one bar of "IV".  What
gives?  Or to put it more clearly--with which cycle does the multiply
begin?
BTW the second progression corresponds to the harmonic progression for
"Boil
That Cabbage Down" or it would if I could get that far  :=(

In later posts the discussion develops--I cannot access all the posts as
the
Net seems to be sluggish tonight--and I was able to get the results I
wanted
(2 bars of the tonic) by multiplying the first cycle out to four bars for
the first figure.  But here's the deal:

This sequence of front panel button presses no longer produces the same
results in Loop IV!  Doesn't look like you can follow insert with multiply
to get another cycle of the original recording (I know, I've lost everybody
now . . .)
I discovered this when rehearsing my act for the Santa Cruz show--where I
DID in fact play the "Boil
That Cabbage Down" thing, but let myself get caught in the lobster
trap--boy
was I nervous--
Gary