From: Lisa Tyner
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 3:04 PM
Subject: RE: Repeater ticking sound

There is a certain amount of noise from the CFC in all Repeaters. It is usually just in the right channel, and does not come out of the FX outputs or the digital output. It may be that your Repeater has a particularly bad CFC noise level. However, some setups can make the CFC noise worse. The following points may help the noise level, or assist me in verifying the problem.

1. Make sure that the phono switch on the rear of the unit is disengaged, unless you are using a turntable directly connected to Repeater.

2. Make sure that you have a good signal level going into Repeater. The input signal LED should light up red on signal peaks.

3. Make sure that all track slider levels are right up.

4. Make sure that the nuts around the jack sockets on the rear of the unit are secure. Hand tight is fine.

5. Make sure that the correct power supply was included with your unit (it will have "Electrix" written on it).

6. Make sure that any connected amplifiers are grounded. Some amplifiers have a ground lift switch, the ground lift needs to be off.

7. If the above points are all covered, and Repeater is still exhibiting a high level of CFC noise, try touching the front panel. If the hum stops, there is a grounding problem within your Repeater, and it will have to be returned for repair.

Cheers, Lisa