Ambiguous Rhythmic Effect: was Loop approach: Loop as effect

Jon wrote:

.  I got the idea for "ambigous (sic) rhythmical content" from Matthias.  I
had a discussion with him about playing with a DJ. He used the term
"ambigous harmonic content" as a way to fit his guitar sounds with any
unexpected harmonic content on a DJ's record.  I decided that I needed to
try out the same thing with rhythm.

Along these lines, I have really enjoyed making either rubato/ambient or
complex odd time rhythmic loops on my DL4 and then playing a groove against
them that is in a more straight time:  recording both on the repeater and
thereby, randomly 'grabbing' phrasing from the first loop that was not
intended conciously for the first loop.    This is a great way to create
insteresting ambient pads that , nevertheless, contextualize as 'grooves'
once the final 4/4 rhthym (or any rhthym, for that matter) is imposed on
it.

I have loved doing this with just two DL-4s until I got the Repeater.

Now I can use this method and then play the damn thing as a melody with
my new WX-5 wind controller...........I love life..........tee hee.

yours,  Rick