Re: computer fan noise (Audio Interface options for recording loo ps)

  Thanks for the info Jim. I'm glad to see that they finally upgraded
their
systems. I'm still a little disappointed in some of their system decisions
though. If the Core2 had RDRAM, that would be a nice system to get. Core3
& 4
have only 1 hard drive.
     Basically, the Northwood P4 is a "second generation" P4. It's been
out
for a while now. It has the 512KB Cache. From what I have read, the
original
P4 (SDRAM) was a real dog. (Hmm... actually I like dogs, but there we go
with
that language thing again). You really only get the true power of the P4
if
you use it with RDRAM (850 chipset). Carillon does not like the Athlon, so
they won't be making any AC-1's with it. There are other DAW manufacturers
(SoundChaser for one) that only use the Athlon.
     Speaking of computer fan noise, check out the stealth fan.
<A HREF="http://www.pcmods.com/details.asp?ProdID=411">PC Modifications:
Design, Manufacture, and Sales of PcMods
</A>I'm sure that they aren't they only retailer carrying them, but this
is
where I found out about the stealth fan.
     Marc