RE: Loop approach: Loop as effect

(Man!  We like to diverge on many topics...)

IMHO, language is used in two ways.  I'll call them "poetically" and
"technically."  Like David Coffin remarked, you can taking advantage of a
word's impreciseness or preciseness.  Both have their places but it's
frustrating when communicators mix them up.  Though it leads to good
discussions as long as everybody keeps their cool.

Sometimes, I find it quite useful to distinguish "effect" from
"instrument".
Sometimes, not.

Words are only references.  It's the root concept that is important.  "Once
the moon has been observed, the pointing finger is of no interest."