OT: Agencies and things to look out for

Hi all,

This is a little off-topic from looping, but I don't know that many
people who are musicians in Paris...

I've been approached by an agency, with a personal email from the boss,
written on a Sunday, to ask me if I am willing to consider a
professional relationship with him. A friend of his who saw me perform
my latest set on the street was impressed enough to contact him and
recommend me as a potential act. I've checked out his site, his artists,
and his philosophy, and it seems like a pretty good setup (French
Riviera... posh clubs, cabaret, concert halls etc)....

But I've never ever been with a pro agency before. My only previous
encounter was working for 'black money' doing an Irish music circuit in
Europe with a shark of an agent.

What do I watch out for? Have any of you had any bad experiences or
other suggestions that would help me 'understand the ropes'... I'm a
complete newbie and totally out of my depth. Any pitfalls I should watch
out for?

Any mails on and off list will be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com