Re: newbie looper/maybe out of the loop

Welcome to the list.

It sounds like looping is exactly what you want to do, but I think the
issue you're having is that the Echo Pro is a bit limited in the Looper
dept, but great at Echo stuff.  We were all dissapointed that the loops
did not synch to MIDI.  Sounds to me like you'd do well with a Repeater
($499 get'm while they're hot, they've been discontinued) or an Echoplex
Digital Pro.  ($650) Both will synch the loops to a MIDI clock.  If you
don't care about the live performance aspects of it all, check out the
Roland SP-808 Groove Sampler.  I've got a friend that might be selling
hers.  Are you a DJ or play a traditional instrument?  There are also
some great software loopers (again, not for performance situations where
you're creating the loop by what you play, but have a pre recorded loop
you want to trigger/mangle) like Ablton's Live.

Go to the http://www.loopersdelight.com and check the "Tools of the
Trade" page.

Mark Sottilaro