Re: A/B switch for Echoplex

> >In fact I just bought one and it does exactly what I need. Thanks all
>for
> >the super quick replies. Doug, how do you link both EDPs with control
> >source? I'd love to be able to switch between stereo operation and 2
> >independent EDPs without plugging and unplugging the MIDI and
>BrotherSync
> >cords behind my rack. Sorry for the questions, I just got 2 used EDPs
(the
> >manual could be a little clearer), I used a JamMan for years before so
it's
> >fairly new territory.
>
> you can change the ControlSource Parameter on either of the EDPs to
> achieve this.
>
> a fine method is that you use a MIDI pedal and switch the MIDI
> channels with Sysex so that either or both are on the channel you are
> sending the command on.
> --

To clarify:
First, a MIDI cable and a Brother Sync cable are *always* connected between
the two EDPs.   The MIDI cable goes from the "master" EDPs MIDI OUT, into
the "slave" EDPs MIDI IN.  The Brother Sync cables just go between each
EDPs
Brother Sync jacks.

To link the EDPs for stereo operation, I set ControlSource to "not" on both
EDPs.  I can then set the Morley AB pedal to the A position (aimed at my
master EDP) to control both.

To unlink them, I just set one EDP (usually the slave) to something other
than "not".  Now they are unlinked, even tho the MIDI cable is connected.
Even in unlinked operation, the MIDI cable transmits clock, so that I can
get polyrhythmic loops going, and the BrotherSync cable ensures that the
polyrhythms are consistent down to the sample level (I think!).
Regardless,
it works! :)  Once unlinked, I can aim the EDP footpedal at each EDP using
the A or B setting on the Morley pedal.

Complex, yet simple? :)

Doug