RE: No Synths Involved--Unless You Include Processing

> The more I think about it, modern processing of audio is synthesis of a
> sort.  Isn't it?
> Gary

Another semantic thread. I think in the vernacular, synthesis would be
considered 'instruments that provide their own (synthetic) oscillator or
wave source'. In the case of a guitar, drum, pot, pan or other 'real'
instrument the sound source is provided by the player's own body
interacting
with a physical artifact (in "meatspace"), and thus would not be considered
synthesis, but processed audio. this said in the spirit of Kim's comment a
month or two ago about upholding the distinctions of words, a notion which
support.

Neil