Re: loop deconstruction with Repeater

At 08:23 PM 9/6/2002 -0700, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>Wait, why are we thinking tracks?  Think Loops.  The Repeater let's you
>do
>up to 99 of 'em.  Why not just make each cord a loop?  That way, they
>could be put back together pretty easily in any order you'd like.

Maybe even easier than that.  Since each loop can contain 4 tracks, sample
single notes into each track to make a single 4-note chord voicing.  Then
mute/unmute each track to revoice the chord.  For more complex chords,
sample a couple or three notes into each track.

For instance, track 1 could contain a major triad, track 2 the tonic
transposed two octaves down, track 3 a major 7th note, and track 4 the
minor7th.  Now multiply that by 999 possible combinations.  And perhaps
add
some tonal movement to each track rather than just static notes.  Oh, and
let's not forget the pitch transposition function on top of all that.

And... agh!  You mean I gotta wait another three weeks before getting this
thing out of layaway???  This sucks!!!  ;)

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil