Re: lo fi looper ready

>From: Matthias Grob <matthias@grob.org>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: lo fi looper ready
>Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:17:14 -0300
>
>>hi i finished a lo fi looper based in the tms3478nl voice recording
>>chip,and a 41256 dram,used the schematic from the datasheet,i've found
>>this chip in a local electronics shop here in Montevideo,where they
>>xeroxed tge datasheet for me,couldn't find anithing in google about
>>it,it's capable of up to 4 minutes recording with four 1mb x 1 bit
>>drams,16,32 or 64 khz sampling rate...sounds great...
>>i hope we can find those chips somewhere else in the world,because i
>>bought the only three they had left...
>>

>great!
>so you managed to program the thing... does it do Multiply?

well,the funny thing is that this chip i found can operate stand
alone,without a microprocessor,which is the other mode...
i doestn`t do multiply for now,just start,stop recording and
play...reverse
is done with bob sellon's reverse mod(the xor gates trick,the same as the
eh
16,) and double/half speed is easy,just wire a switch to the frequency
selector...multiply is not ready,needs microcontroller control,and sound
on
sound will need an external a/d and d/a converter,cos this chip is not
full
duplex...but what it really is,it's a great alternative to the zvex lo fi
junkie,better sounding and with more functions,if you find the tms 3478 nl
it's really easy to build,just this chip,one or more dram,41256 or
511000,can be modified to static rams adding a latch driven by the ras
signal,could sound better with some companding and filtering..i'm really
happy,i've been trying to build something like this for some time ago and
now it's working in my pedalboard.... :-))))

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx