Re: FCB 1010--step by step guide

I was chatting with someone off-list about what could be done to help
new users with the FCB1010. One idea I had was to be able to provide
downloadable SysEx files with basic layout templates for the
Repeater/EDP, as well as simple instructions on how to transfer the midi
data across from computer to pedal (with links to PC/Mac software that
will do this).

The only problem that I foresee is that not everyone has a midi
interface on their computer.... What does everyone think?

I had a hell of a lot of problems getting my head around the FCB1010,
but now, it does seem really simple once you take your time to dissect
and analyse everything. Maybe what we do need is simple instructions
written by loopers and formatted as html (with images) or PDF..... Its
been discussed before I think....

I know that a lot of information already exists in the archives, but its
difficult to find what you are looking for - especially if your brain is
fried with 8 hours of failed FCB programming.

I'm willing to help create an FCB guide (time permitting) with info
geared for the Repeater. Is anyone else willing to help out - especially
with regards to the EDP? I'm looking at creating step by step, easily
navigable guide with everything that a looper would need... tips... full
programming charts.... etc. etc.

Just a thought....
--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project