Re: only a A part?

No, you get it exactly.  That's what I'm saying too, for me.  What I'm
saying about Amy X and Brian Kenny Fresno, is that they compose a set
piece with a defined structure.  Then, they use a looper to build each
part and then play their melody over it.  Both do an amazing job (they
do very different kinds of music) but the goal is not improv, it's to
recreate a pre composed piece.  All I was saying is that I don't think
recreating a pre composed piece was the way looping will be for me.

Mark Sottilaro