Delightful . . .

Hi all,

In a message dated 10/15/02 3:39:35 AM, mark_francombe@hotmail.com writes:

>I wonder if they're having such a tricky time defining what they do
>over at "Distortion Delight"?

Perhaps it's just me but the above comment highlights something
I've found troublesome for quite some time -- the "Delight" part
of the LD name. It always makes me think of either a drive-in
ice cream establishment or Glen Campbell (who's from from
"DeeeEEEeeelight, Arkansas"). Whenever I speak to friends
who are musically knowledgeable (but not necessarily loopists
themselves) about something I read on "Looper's Delight" it always
generates a moment or two of snickers (and half a minute of
sheepish LD apologetics from me) to mention the site name.

It's sortta like the song about the "Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash.
I wonder sometimes if these folks would snicker if it were just called
"The Loop" (unfortunately www.theloop.com and www.getintheloop.com
are both already taken -- I checked) or something else entirely . . .

It's just a thought. But, I've always thought the "Delight" part a little
too cute, odd, funky, strange, whatever -- sorry Kim (it's just an
opinion). I've been part of this community since almost it's inception.
I value it very highly . . . but the name has always caused problems in
trying to get outsiders to take anything I might quote from it seriously.

Oh well, maybe it's not a good time to poke at anybody's sacred
cows. I hope I haven't stepped in somebody's sacred cow pie.

Best regards,

Ted Killian
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.htm