From: "S.P. Goodman" <spgoodman@earthlight.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:42:09 +0100
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: power conversion

Re: Greetings, fellow exile! :)
Re:
Re: DON'T go to an electrical contractor or a lamp store for this!
Re:
Re: I went to a store on Tottenham Court Road in London here, named A&B
Re: Electronics.  After getting the run-around with every bleeding DIY
whatnot
Re: in the area (your first clue to run is an old fella going "Well, let's
take
Re: a look...") - I finally found the electronics part of town!  It cost
£140
Re: but in comparison with the cost of my equipment, if not a conversion
for
Re: each unit, it's reasonable.
Re:
Re: It's a small cylinder about 5" high, 3" diameter, with two plugs for US
Re: equipment, into which I have a pair of switched power strips.  It
takes a
Re: load for the mixer, two Zoom 2100's, the Time Machine, Quadraverb, and
when
Re: I'm home, even some recharging devices.  Good investment, and a
necessary
Re: one.
Re:
Re: And, regarding you "strapping it in", the unit has loop-holes for
screws.
Re:
Re: S.P. Goodman
Re: EarthLight Productions
Re: *
Re: http://www.earthlight.net/Gallery - Cartoons and Illustrations!
Re: http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack - Cartoons via Medialine!
Re:
Re: > Hey there,
Re: >
Re: > Does anybody have experience with power conversion?  I'm looking for
Re: unit that will
Re: > step European standard 230V down to US standard.  I'm a guitarist
form the
Re: US but I
Re: > presently live in the UK.  I'm running on 120V via a huge coil of
copper
Re: wrapped up in a
Re: > big yellow wrapper. I need something more portable and hopefully
rackable.
Re: >
Re: > At this point, it looks like a 'toroidal' converter will be the
route.
Re: I'd like to strap it into a
Re: > rack 'permanently.'  The big thing I'm concerned about with this
type of
Re: set up is noise
Re: > and how to avoid it.
Re: >
Re: > If anyone's got suggestions, including other options, please let me
know.
Re: >
Re: > Thanks,
Re: >
Re: > michael b
Re: >
Re: > --
Re: > __________________________________________________________
Re: > Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
Re: > http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
Re: >
Re: >
Re: >