Re: EDP+ in France

On Saturday, October 19, 2002, at 06:39 PM, Andy Ewen wrote:

> This is very strange and not something we are aware of. Can you get
> any more
> details about why the Repeater was banned? I always thought patent
> issues
> were worldwide.

Er no...

Someone had the patent on a looping device in France, and went to court
to prevent Electrix from distributing the Repeater here in France. I
remember seeing the adverts for the Repeater in the shop catalogues,
with prices etc, but in the end, not a single one was allowed in
through customs :(

It was a shame, because the patent holder's looping device is
completely different from the Repeater.... geared much more for DJ's,
with only Midi clock output.... It has nothing for the live musician to
utilise. The Repeater would have no way interfered with his own
invention.

I've been in contact with the patent holder via email asking him if he
is going to be contesting the distribution of the EDP+, and he has
replied that he will not be preventing the EDP+ being sold in France.

:)

> Production of the EDP+ is due to start in 3 weeks with 200 being
> shipped
> before Christmas. I believe 100 of these are going to Europe.

I want one....

After I've paid my bloody taxes maybe :)

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com