improv with others

<PRE>yesterday, i had the chance to play with an old buddy (guitar/bass
player)
and his friend, an excellent drummer.....i had a really cut down set-up:
my
guitar >digi. space station>boomerang>fender "champ" (one very easy
carry).....what a total gas we had.....all of our talk of improv went
through
my head while we played, it was full speed ahead and chords be dammed, not
my
usual schtick!.....anyway, i was the only looper and did i have fun.....no
problems with the drummer playing with my loops, in fact i asked Ty if he
minded playing over my loops and he said he dug it because he could kick
back
and play over the beat that i created.....nickola (guitar) loved the whole
other groups of voices that i brought to the mix, keep in mind he plays
straight into a boogie amp sans fx totally so even with my small set-up i
could do some real skankin.....at one point i reversed my set up and put
the
space station after the rang, i have always had it prior, goodness! try
this
if you havent.....we have a little over 5 hrs of cassette made, the whole
jam, these guys record absolutly everything.....i think we freaked
ourselves
out.....there was an "energy" present that i seldom get to by
myself.....this
project may turn into a resurrection of  THE BUSH
PUPPETS.....ahhh.....michael