RE: American Empire as Gated Community

     As the question was asked about where would one go if they left the
US, here are a few
thoughts of mine.

     Current politics in New Zealand tend towards being interested in what
the people are
thinking.  A land mass the size of California and a population one fifth
the size of Los Angeles.
The American dollar goes pretty far there.  There are some pretty hip
communities around Auckland
on the north island and Golden Bay on the south island.

     Australia would be a good choice as well.

     If big city turns you on, I've heard great things about Brussels.

     Though economics are tough in Argentina right now, the people are
among the greatest I've
ever met.  I'd seriously consider moving there if I had some sort of plan
to make a humble living.
 Again, the American dollar goes very far there.

     Canada worked in the 60's and it's still a great place with great
people and sensible
politics (relatively).  You can easily rent a "summer home" there or a
"winter retreat" and not
raise any eyebrows.  Just keep a current drivers license in the States and
everyone will think
that you live in the US part time as well.

     For myself, I'll probably stay here in the States.  Somebody has to
stay behind to counteract
all these God-fearing-bible-thumpers...

         SVG