american empire etc

I am a bit puzzled.
These public statement about the thinking to expat leaves me puzzled.
Listen: I am french, and I got no real sympathy for some of the event
some of you seem to live with quite badly.
I made a myself sure to have enough info to be able to start to
understand a little something.
I did not imagine such a reaction though.
After all, Zappa had this kind of language quite a while ago already
(and he paid it dearly), but that seemed like middle age...

I see my own country (France) turning not exactly the way I'd like too,
since the last elections too...
I have been studying recently accounting, economy and financial things
to try to start 1) keep an eye not to be overwhelmed at what happens,
2) to be able to undersatnd, and make models, and
3) to eventualy be able to draw some not too stupid conclusions, which
is by far the most difficult.

I have though always been quite admirative of the way americans were by
far better than anyone when it came to self criticize, and of course
nowadays let foreigners like me to think american stopped to do this, or
at least, are impeded is some way to be able to express themself as, if
I remember well, your first amendment garanties.

To me, these post are quite a breath of fresh air for which I want to
express gratitude.
It may be silly (I'm sure there are such things everywhere  wouldI
search on the web) but it is our little community here.
And more than ever, it looks sane, intelligent and thinking.

Thanks to all.

Olivier Malhomme