SV: OT: MIDI guitar (a looping source!)

> Mark Hamburg wrote:
>
> on 2/13/03 7:50 AM, David Beardsley at db@biink.com wrote:
 >
> find a MIDI guitar ...I generally didn't find them as expressive as
> straight guitar.

Yes, I agree. The way I like to use MIDI Guitar is to play the natural
guitar sound up front and back it up by other sound sources triggered by
the midi signal generated by your playing. As in this little improvised
piece
http://www.boysen.se/audio/fishmusic.mp3
performed live with midi guitar, analog synth and a sampler with looped
samples assigned to certain notes on the fretboard.

I have experimented also with midi arpeggiators like the Oberheim
Cyclone and the MC-303 arpeggiator but I never found my own voice there
and dropped that technique.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se