loop IV for a beginner

Arguably the most sophisticated of the EDP loop IV users, Andre
LaFosse has told me repeatedly that he feels that people don't learn
the Loop 3 features well enough before jumping into the Loop IV
depth.

I hear what he says and it should be duly noted because he knows vastly
more
than I do on the subject but..............

I have had the ability to do both and I feel that the instrument you have
with Loop IV is the instrument you have and that all it's features are
valid.

Of course you will be come a gratuitous 'stutter fiend' for the first
couple
of weeks but I find myself settling in to learning the whole beast in
a wholistic way by learning the new features at the same time that I learn
the old
features.

does this make sense?

I'd argue, buy LOOP IV (and also support our fearless non-leader Kim Flint
in the process) and get both manuals.

You will of course need to buy an EDP from GIBSON and the LOOP IV software
directly
from KIM.

There still is no word when the EDP plus will actually start shipping.

Hopefully soon.   In the meantime the only major difference that I can
detect (and please correct me if I'm wrong Andre or Kim or Matthias) is
that
the new Black faced
units will be legal to sell in Europe (which the old ones are not).

yours, semi-ignorantly but rapidly leaving that realm,   Rick Walker
(loop.pool)