Re: Alternative MIDI controllers

Yes you exactly right on this topic one of your more important points is
that you play the patches. I have found that rather then lacking
expressive capabilities that MIDI actually shows up your deficiencies if
you approach playing a MIDI enable instrument with an open mind you can
make it do what you want it to. Two deficiencies I noticed in my guitar
playing was a tendency to have a light glissando between playing
positions and a pronounced quavering vibrato when playing a piano patch
these tend to sound bad nothing to do but to stop doing this. MIDI
offers fascinating possibilities to your playing range.I think the
suggestion about triggering Sequencers is a great idea for a looper.