Re: [LOOP] Re: LIVE Sound Card choices for Mac Live Loop programs?

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Richard Zvonar wrote:

> At 2:43 AM -0700 6/29/03, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL wrote:
>
> >I want to get a breakout box that will allow me to do real time stereo
>audio
> >input into a MAC Titanium powerbook (800 mghz).
>
> >The Lowest Latency possible with the most inexpensive price is what
> >I'm looking for.
>
> >Is firewire the way to go?
>
> FireWire or card bus (PCMCIA) will both be better than USB, but the
> cost will be higher.
>
> There are no 2-channel FireWire interfaces.
>
> The M-Audio FireWire 410 is the cheapest, at $389 street price. Four
> inputs and ten outputs, plus MIDI I/O.
>
> http://www.bayviewproaudio.com/maudio_firewire410.html

I was looking for a portable solution to wanting to record more than two
channels of audio simultaneous input into an Apple tiBook, either USB or
Firewire. I have a Digidesign Mbox which is fine for two channels, but
only two. I can't afford a Digidesign 002 at $2200 as the cheapest price.

I was looking at the M-Audio FireWire 410 as a possible solution, and
wrote M-Audio tech support last week. Their response was:

"The 410 is not out yet, I have no estimated date for it's release.
The Quattro would probably be the best the device for you to use.
Check our web sight for specs on the unit."

I was looking at possibly a MOTU 828. Thanks for the RME Multiface
reference, I might consider that instead.

If anyone else has other suggestions for my 3+channel recording needs, I'd
appreciate hearing them.

thanks,
Steve
http://www.subscapeannex.com/