Re: slightly ot: the quest for a groovebox

Yesterday I went and listened to an on-line demo of the E-mu Command
Station and I kind of thought it sounded a little too "generic dance."
Could have been the demo though, as I don't remember thinking that about
Jon's sequences when we gigged together.

Jon, do you have any posts of the Command Station in action?  Last
night, while I was screwing with the Lexicon MPX G2 sync issue, I
cranked up the Roland MC-307 to a nice level through my studio monitors
(I usually don headphones to save my downstairs landlord/tenant
relationship) and it sounded great to me!  The thing I like about it is
it's got a bunch of really weird stuff that when you first listen to it
you might say, "bad sound" but it really has it's own personality.  This
is all totally opinion though.  What I'm saying is, if you're looking
for *ANY* device, give it a try.  One human's music is another human's
noise.

Mark