Yamaha A5000 sample dump to/from EDP...

I was reading the LoopIV upgrade manual and thinking about your ideas for
usage of the sampler and I got to the MIDI sample dump part of the manual.
I thought, "Hey, you could get the loop right on your EDP, and then upload
it to the sampler and take advantage of samplerosity."  This would take a
long time -- probably longer than recording the loop into the A5K, trimming
it, and getting it looping -- but it was already 3:00AM by the time I
arrived at that point, so I went on to experiment.  Findings:

1. You must turn the Bulk Protect switch off on the A5000, and I had to set
the EDP to be device 000.

2. The A5000 sample number system is off by one, compared to the EDP.  When
the EDP asks the A5K for sample #0008 it actually sends #0007 from its
list.
To view the SDS sample numbers on the A5000 press Command, then Bulkdump,
then select BulkType: Sample, then Format: SDS#000X.

3. Sample upload to the EDP seemed faster when it was initiated as a send
from the A5000.

4. The loop I uploaded from the sampler (it happened to be a drum loop) was
causing the EDP to distort and the feedback light to glow yellow almost all
the time.  This was fixable by backing off the feedback for a frew
repetitions.  Just curious if you knew why the sample (a well compressed,
normalized to digital zero sample) would cause so much havoc in the EDP?
Is
the EDP on some other scale of digital zero?

-J