Re: CHEAP SOLUTION to Breakbeat creation for Live Looping was:BREAKBEATS..................

But can you save patterns while playing?

My ideal machine would let me do the following:

1. Switch/load patterns while playing (most let you do that). By load, I
mean that if there is an active edit buffer, then you can load into that. I
don't care about loading from external media.

2. Save while playing.

3. Have good controls for editing while playing. Including controller
recording, erase, etc.

4. Ideally, I'd like a TR-style grid mode, but I can probably live without
it.

5. Muting "parts" is also pretty useful.

The combination of 1 and 2 means that you can create a pattern, save it,
modify it further, save that to another slot, load the first saved pattern
to go back to it, modify that further, save that to a third-slot, etc.

The live save seems to be the real sticking point for a lot of boxes.

Mark