Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:23 AM
Subject: Ableton LIVE's ability to loop in real time

My brother Bill and I were discussing Ableton's LIVE today and it is my
impression that
you cannot looping in real time in that program. He thought you could and I
didn't see the NAMM demo of this cool program this year.

in other words,  you can play loops and move them around in real time
and you can record a passage into the program in real time, but I don't
think
you can make a loop on the fly that will keep looping if you don't make a
mouse move.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Also, I have noticed that Cycling 74's  RADIAL (soon to be released on the
Mac side) and The DEVINE_MACHINE (for PC) both have fascinating realtime
manipulations of loops but
do not have the ability to loop in real time either (like the most basic DL4
or Loopstation).

Why is the computer world lagging so far behind the hardware loopers in this
respect?

It would be so completely incredible to have the ability to use something
like LIVE
with realtime loop capabilities.

Color me naive, but isn't it all just software programming?

Set me straight, experts!

yours, Rick