Re: EDP problem

In a message dated 3/22/03 9:03:01 AM, monk@fuse.net writes:

>yeah, get used to it.  Pretty much every professional person I
>know who has tried to use one has given up on using it live.

I may not be a "pro" nor have I toured extensively but I've had mine
since 1995 and have been very happy with them. Problems along
the way have been mostly due to thermal/heat problems (solved
by making sure there is good ventilation around the units) and the
wearing out of the plastic footpedal buttons (which I now own a
lifetime supply courtesy of Mouser Electronics).

Geoff's advice to
>1) ALWAYS turn it on last after every thing else in you're rack
>2) never repatch the EDP when on
are sound instructions as well.

I would also advise:
3) If you have multiple MIDI/brother-synced units, turning your
EDPs on as close to simultaneously as possible. Master/slave
and synching can get messed up if this is not done.

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

ArsOcarina@aol.com
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian