Bass and Guitar Distortion Device...

I'm looking for a distortion pedal that will be usable with electric bass
and electric guitar.  I need something capable of getting very gain-ey,
Meshuggah-style crunch, and being silent when there is no signal going to
it
(i.e. no hum, no hiss).  Ideally, for it to work with bass it will either
need to have bass specific presets, or have a hi-pass filter to send only
the higher frequencies to the distortion and let the low stuff pass through
clean.

Any suggestions?

-J