Re: EDP midi question (2nd time)

At 03:53 PM 6/12/2003, kenn lowy wrote:
>Is there a way to tell the EDP (through MIDI) what tempo to record at
>(i.e. hit a button on the FCB and it records at 124 bpm)?

you can save BPM tempo in a preset, so whenever you recall that preset the
Echoplex will go in to the Tempo mode with that tempo set. Then any Record
you do will be synchronized to that. If you have downstream devices
syncing
to midi clock, you can even start them first based on this clock and then
record a loop later, or have them start with you when you begin recording.
This gives a lot more options for synchronizing, instead of always having
devices start after you finish recording a loop.

You could probably also come up with midi strings that put it in tempo
mode
and then send a cc value for the datawheel, to set a specific tempo value.
But the preset method is more straightforward I think.

>Is there a way to clear it out so the tempo is set by the length of the
>loop?

Anytime you have a Tempo set, you can escape from it temporarily by
pressing Overdub while in reset. You will notice when you have the Tempo
set, the Overdub LED will turn orange when you go to reset, indicating it
has this special function. When you go back to Tempo mode it remembers
your
previous tempo.

Long-press of Undo turns tempo off completely and resets the tempo for the
next time you go into that mode.

kim