Re: Subject: Re: midi note??? loop changes on Repeater? Very weird HELP!!!!

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 12:22 PM, mark wrote:

> Dear Mark ARE YOU MAD????

Uh, duh.  Isn't it obvious by now!  Sounds like we share the same name
and mental disturbance.  Weee!

> Simplifiy my setup??? Have you been talking to my girlfriend???

No, but it sounds like your girlfriend has been talking to my wife!
You've got chocolate on my peanut butter too!

> Ive only just begun!!! I have 3X 12 U racks full and now I wanna buy
> some doepfer stuff and an EDP, and and and fill a few more...

Good GOD MAN!  Stop while there's still time!

> I havent played live in years, though, dont suppose I will either till
> I make some serious multicore from rack to floor... oh... see what you
> mean... maybe you're right...damn....

Yeah, I've told the tale where I tried to play live where I basically
tried to bring my studio to a party.  Total disaster.  What seemed so
simple and intuitive seemed so very scary in the dark.  I'm sure with
practice I could get it right, but instead I've decided to go another
route.  LESS.  Here's a few of my new rules:

Do not under any circumstances bring gear for other people.  To have
other's join in the fun I used to let people use my 2nd Repeater live.
Bad move.  This rule has crept into my studio too, but I'm more lax
there.  If you don't own it you can't use it.

Bring one looper and one multi-effects.  (that doesn't include guitar
pre)  Leave the drum machine home.  Find a drummer if you want live
percussion or some electronic beat/DJ guy to help out.  If you can't
find these, go ambient.

> BTW you are right about the sounds on GR30 of course, straight outa
> box they're naff, but i mix and match the tones in such a weird way
> they dont sound at all like they started, been thinking about a GR33,
> but whats the diff REALLY... sounds???

I fooled around with the GR-33 for a bit and couldn't hear a difference
at all.

> I would like a choice of latching the damper version of arpeggio and
> latching HOLD on/off and not having to keep my foot on the pedal for a
> droney thing... but apart from that.. im happy...

I've been doing really cool stuff with the Korg MS2000r's arpeggiator
which sounds like it behaves like you want it to.  Lot's of knobs to
tweak and it takes up 6 rack spaces!  Sounds great too.  Changed my
mind about analog modeling.  This is close enough for me.

Good luck to you fellow Mark.  I just listened to the Demo's on your
site.  (Butterhook)  Fucking brilliant man.  (good thing I have DSL!
Big Flash site!) Do you need another "thing"?  I think not.  I've been
trying to make myself work within limitations and it can indeed be
liberating at times.  If I'm ever in the UK, I'll stop by and we can
have some tea.

Mark Blue