Re: Frisell -> essential loop recordings

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:50:03 -0700, Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com>
wrote:
> Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with much of Frisell's work. It's
>been
> on my to-listen list for ages but somehow hasn't ever made it to the
>top.
> In fact, interestingly, the only album I own with him on it is John
> Zorn's "Naked City"! I haven't listened to that in years, so I just put
> it on. Do you remember particular tracks where his use of loops stood
> out? (I know, I could just keep listening, but I'm lazy.)

The only track where it is obvious that I've noticed is the beginning of
track 5.  The beginning of Batman has always perplexed me because it might
be him using the delay to do that pitch shifting, unless he was using a
whammy bar back then?

I think the Buster Keaton cd Lou mentioned could be a good choice.  It is
generally considered one of his best cd's.  I wish I had all my Frisell
cd's with me so I could give them a listen.  Right now I don't have
anything from before the late 90's.  Anybody more familar with his
discography know when he started using the delay?  Was he already using it
on his first album on ECM?

--
ernesto schnack
http://www.stringboy.net