Re: Problem with Echo Pro and MIDI foot controller...

I don't have either of the devices you mention; but,
maybe the Echo Pro is looking for commands from a
momentary switch & your Ground Control switches are
latching. Is there a way to program the GC to act as
momentary switches?

John

--- Brad Bohannon <brad@mlsound.com> wrote:

> I set my Ground Control Pro up to control the
> Record/Overdub and Play/Stop
> buttons on my Echo Pro. The problem is they don't
> exactly act like the front
> panel buttons with the same name. Specifically, when
> you go from record to
> play on the front panel and then hit stop, a press
> of the record button will
> immediately start you recording new material. Using
> a MIDI footswitch for
> the same function, a press of "Record" starts you
> the same. A press of
> "Play" works the same. "Stop" works the same. Now,
> if you press "Record"
> again you've really sent an "Overdub" command and
> nothing happens. You have
> to press "Record" a second time to initiate
> recording.

=====
John Tidwell