Re: Frisell -> essential loop recordings

With all the chatter over Frissell lately, and I must admit the man has
been
a HUGE influence on me musically, yesterday I picked up a copy of "The
Intercontinentals", which is, as far as I can tell, a brand new release.
Very African-inspired group, yet with a definate "americana" sort of vibe
there too, with african percussion, oud, steel guitar and violin...and
some
rather extraordinary (and sonically ovious) loopage from Mr. Frissell.

Quite different from his previous recordings these past few years.  Just
another facet of the man's rather deep musical personality.

Max