Re: Eberhard's intonation...

--- Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:
> I'll use whatever I possibly can to get control over
> my instrument, so playing a bass without lines is
>totally not an option! :o)

Most of my fretless instruments fall into three
categories:
1) Instruments (not all of which are basses) converted
from fretted ones; they have filled slots because
there used to be frets there. (Jaco's J-Bass would be
in this category.)
2) Instruments for which I've made the fingerboard
myself; usually nothing but side markers on 'em.
3) Ethnic instruments; oud, cumbus, etc. Some have
side dots, some don't...

Like Mr. Beardsley, I find those side markers very
useful, and yes, I look at my hands!

BTW, my daughter Chloe (who turns 10 on Tuesday) got
her name from an Eberhard Weber tune!

-t-