Re: Newbie question...

> Just to further elaborate, once I lay down loop 1, does that set the
bounds
> for the
> remaining loops? What happens if loop 1 is longer than loop 2? Will loop
>2
> just be
> extended with silence for the duration of loop 1?

Nice.  These questions take you into some of the deeper capabilities of the
EDP.  I'm not a complete expert here, but this is what I can tell you:
The EDP has a parameter called LoopCopy.  It can be set to "Time", "Sound",
or "Off".  If set to Time, Loop 2 will be the same length as Loop 1, but
the
sound isn't copied from Loop 1.  So yes, in that case, if you played too
fast on Loop 2, there'd by a space there.

But, if you had set the LoopCopy parm to Sound, it would copy the sound
from
Loop 1 (the drums) into Loop 2, and that would be playing as you overdub
the
A riff onto Loop 2.  So, there's a audio "guide" for you there, and you'll
play the A riff in time (won't you? :) ), and there will be 2 loops of
exactly the same length.

If you set LoopCopy to Off, neither time nor sound is copied from Loop 1,
so
it's "freeform".  You wouldn't do this in the example you're giving, but
it's a great feature for other types of music.

> Also, if I start loop 2 back up, does it start right away, or does it
>wait
> until the beginning
> of  loop 1 again?

Another great feature of the EDP.  This is the SwitchQuantize parameter.
If
set to "On", then yes, when you hit the NextLoop button, Loop 2 will start
exactly at the loop boundry (the end) of Loop 1.  Keeps things in perfect
time.  If SwitchQuantize is set to "Off", then the switch occurs as soon as
you hit the NextLoop button.  You wouldn't want this in your example.

> The info I've been able to find isn't very clear on this.
>
> Thanks!

Welcome!

Doug