Re: Nearly there: EDP Individual loop muting?

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 07:28 AM, Paul Sanders wrote:

>> Just buy the god damn thing already, you know you want it.
>
> No, actaully I only need it. Which sucks. Buying things you *want* is
> fun.Buying things you *need* is a pain in the ass.

Meatwad: I don't want candy, I need candy and when you need something
it's a responsibility!"

You must have a very broad definition of need my friend... kind of like
mine!  It's not a toy!  IT'S A TOOL!

> In other words, if I can't have shut down a rhythm guitar loop while
> leaving the percussion loop going, I'm no better off than I am with my
> $250 Loop Station for my particular application.

I honestly thing you'll love the EDP.  That being said, it might not do
exactly what you want, but like the other person said, with loop copy
you can kind of simulate it.  do a track of percussion, copy it to
another location then add rhythm guitar.  Now go back to the first loop
and it seems like you just took away the guitar.  I worked this way
when I had an EDP and it was very easy and elegant. (Mine had a serious
factory defect and had to be returned) Now with that said, I don't have
an EDP and I use the 4 track Repeater to do this same thing.

> But, laying awake in bed last night I think I figured out how to do
> this.

Been there.

I honestly think you could rethink your setup using some sort of
groovebox or laptop based device running Live or Reason synced to an
EDP or a Repeater.  Hell, you could get an old used JamMan too.

Mark Sottilaro