Re: Reaktor 4 as gtr processor

Perhaps I should have been clearer. These mp3s were actually offered to a
Reaktor-Composer's forum, as part of a different dialog. I mentioned them
here only because they ARE extracted from the R4 demo CD I made, but
they're not typical of the 25 or so minutes of demos on it, since each of
these is a ramble thru a single effect preset, as opposed to the bulk of
the demo, which is many short passes thru many different presets of a bunch
of Reaktor virtual processors. So, if you want a better idea of the range
of R4 FX, send me an address and I'll forward a copy of the whole thing.

Even so, the point of any of these tracks is NOT Reaktor as a preamp or amp
simulator...it's the FX.
Reaktor4 now includes a guitar-amp/speaker simulator, but I didn't bother
to demo it since I'm not interested in using the computer to make a guitar
sound like a guitar. The preamps I used include VG8/88, PodXT, and GT6, so
I guess our tastes in preamp sounds differ? I hadn't even considered that
that would matter. I also prefer hardware for some stuff, but I've ditched
a couple of mpx1's and Vortex's along the way in my exploration of digital
fx, and don't miss 'em at all. Reaktor outshines them, for my purposes, in
every conceivable way.
dc

                    mark

                    <sine@zerocros       To:
Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
                    sing.net>            cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Reaktor 4 as gtr
processor
                    07/22/2003

                    04:13 PM

                    Please respond

                    Loopers-Deligh

Hmmm, I'm listening to the samples... and I'm a bit unimpressed.
They're at a high bitrate, yet they sound thin... were you going
directly into some A/D converter when you made this?  I'm curious to
know the recording process... sounds like the guitar wasn't put through
a good preamp or something.

Other than that the effects sound interesting, but for $500 I'd just as
soon get a couple of Lexicon Vortexes or a used Lexicon MPX1 and free
up my CPU for other stuff.  Maybe I'm just old school but I like
dedicated hardware for some stuff.

Mark Sottilaro